Are you embracing Hashtags on Facebook yet?
- The Baby Photographer
- Social Media tips with Memory Gate
- Published on Wednesday, 03 July 2013 11:00
- Last Updated on 03 July 2013
- Michael Shilling
- 0 Comments
A few weeks ago Google announced the introduction of hashtags to the Google+ social media sharing platform. Personally I think it’s one of the best implementations of hashtags on any social network so far but you can read more about that at Embracing Hashtags in Goggle+. Now Facebook have also finally gone the way of the pound sign and I was just wondering if any of you have started using them?
With Facebook Hashtags you can:
• Search for a specific hashtag from your search bar. For example, #photography.
• Click on hashtags that originate on other services, such as Instagram.
• Compose posts directly from the hashtag feed and search results.
Even if you haven’t started added hashtags into posts have you tried searching for a topic whilst using a hashtag?
I’ve always been frustrated by search of Facebook as I do actually want to find the topics that people are talking about and not just a bunch of pages that happen to have the same name as the topic I’m looking for.
The beauty of Facebook’s hashtag adoption is that you can now do just that.
It’s not as commonplace as on Twitter or Instagram (yet) and it’s adoption isn’t as good as Google+ BUT it is an improvement to search.
What it is lacking is trending hashtags but to be honest I think I’d prefer to stick with Twitter for that sort of thing.