10 Thoughtful Gifts for Mother’s Day
- Shopping Guides
- Tested & Recommended
- Published on Monday, 18 February 2013 11:00
- Last Updated on 18 February 2013
- Natasha Roberts
- 0 Comments
Struggling to find the perfect gift for your mother? We are surrounded by ads on TV, in magazines and out and about, with ideas for Mother’s Day. But haven’t we seen it all before? Flowers, chocolates, bubble bath are great but they aren’t very thoughtful gifts are they?
Here are 10 ideas for Mother’s Day that are really special, some are great value but all of them show that you really care. They might take a bit of time but it will be worth it .
1. Make her a scrapbook/memory box – this is really personal and you can stick in photos, tickets from fun days out, pressed flowers, little scribbles. Memory boxes can look fabulous on a dressing table and one example is this one at www.darlinganddarling.co.uk
2. Write a poem – even little ones can do “My Mummy is the best because….” . Give suggestions such as “because she makes the best pasta”, “because she smells nice”.
3. Make a homemade photoframe and put a photo inside of the children. For inspiration, look at www.allkidsnetwork.com
4. Do a job that Mummy hates (dusting, cleaning the bath, hoovering, putting the washing on)
5. Give her something that she likes to do. For example, if she likes cooking, why not buy a cookery lesson? The top 12 day cookery courses have just been reviewed at www.allaboutyou.com/food
6. Give her time to herself. Let her have a lie-in, go and read a book, have a long bath
7. Make a handprint card – instead of buying a bunch of flowers, make a card with 3 or 4 handprints depicting flowers and then paint stems at the bottom to make the bunch. Lots of ideas at www.littlefamilyfun.com
8. Make a homemade coupon book full of IOUs – breakfast in bed, massage from one of the children. There are loads of free printable coupons to choose from at www.freeprintable.com
9. Cook something delicious that makes the house smell wonderful – bacon, fairy cakes, biscuits. If it’s breakfast in bed, here are 10 ideas for breakfasts for children to make www.realsimple.com
10. Make a cliché gift extra special. For example, choose and tie a ribbon around some flowers and add a special card; wrap chocolates in plain paper that you have decorated with pretty pictures and lovely words. Loads of different gorgeous ribbons can be found at www.janemeans.com.
Whatever you do this Mother’s Day to show her you love her, please don’t forget, no mother wants a cleaning appliance and ALWAYS write in the card!