‘Star Wars’ is back
- Shopping Guides
- Published on Friday, 23 October 2015 11:00
- Last Updated on 28 October 2015
- Monica Costa
- 0 Comments
The news of the forthocoming release of Disney / Lucasfilm Ltd. latest Star Wars instalment has sent the fans across the galaxy into a frenzy to get lots of merchandising ahead of the movie release on 17 December, 2015. The excitement is really building up for all sorts of Star Wars: The Force Awakens products. Before showcasing London Mums’ favourite ones, have a taster of the trailer that has already been seen by millions of people across the globe, the poster, the quirky Star Wars London installations and a lot more.
The film official Poster
Tickets to the highly anticipated cinematic event are already on sale from www.theforceawakens.co.uk Star Wars: The Force Awakens opens in UK cinemas on 17 December 2015.
The film stars Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Adam Driver, Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Lupita Nyong’o, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew and Max Von Sydow. Kathleen Kennedy, J.J. Abrams and Bryan Burk are producing with Tommy Harper and Jason McGatlin serving as executive producers. The screenplay is by J.J. Abrams & Lawrence Kasdan and Michael Arndt.
The trailer for Star Wars: The Force Awakens
Star Wars London
If you recently walked under London’s Southwark Bridge, you would have seen the 15 metre long immersive 3D artwork created to mark the UK launch of the Rise Against the Empire Play Set on 2nd October 2015, complete with sounds effects of ships, laser fire and droids. It was only available for one day only unfortunately. Very impressive.
In this video you can watch how the artwork was actually made.
The Star Wars™ Stamp Collection
These stamps are most definitely the best in the galaxy.
Toys will most certainly be the biggest selling Star Wars items this Christmas. With Star Wars: The Force Awakens toys, collectibles, gadgets, apparel and more officially hitting Disney Store’s shelves recently, other licensed manufacturers and partners have started to follow suit.
This Hero X-Wing Fighter looks great for Star Wars pretend games. 3-5 year old children can start learning all about this world phoenomenon using this detailed replica of Luke Skywalker’s famous vehicle. It’s on my Christmas Wish list (not my son!).
LEGO® Star Wars™ has revealed some of the coolest products at the Disney Christmas event recently.The figures are great as they are fully buildable and then suitable for pretend play for 7-12 year old kids.
Beyond lightsabers, construction sets, figures and collectibles, fans can find products across a wide variety of categories, including apparel for all members of the family, home décor, lifestyle accessories, books and more. New Star Wars products can be found around the world at mass and specialty retailers, including Disney Store and disneystore.co.uk.
- Sydney: Star Wars BladeBuilders Jedi Master Lightsaber toy from Hasbro
- Tokyo: Star Wars: The Force Awakens Big Figs (31” and 48”) from JAKKS Pacific
- Hong Kong: Hot Wheels® car assortment featuring Star Wars characters and Escape from Jakku™ Starship playset from Mattel
- Seoul: LEGO Star Wars Poe’s X-Wing Fighter™
- Paris: Star Wars: The Force Awakens Kylo Ren Lightsaber, a Disney Store exclusive
- Madrid: Star Wars Micro Machines First Order Star Destroyer from Hasbro
- Berlin: LEGO Star Wars Kylo Ren’s Command Shuttle™
- London: Star Wars: The Force Awakens Elite Series die-cast figure assortment, a Disney Store exclusive
- Rio de Janeiro: Star Wars Black Series 6” figure assortment from Hasbro
- New York: LEGO Star Wars Millennium Falcon™ and Star Wars BB-8 from Sphero
- Toronto: Star Wars Remote Controlled Millennium Falcon Quad and X-Wing Starfighter from Air Hogs, Spinmaster
To preserve the integrity of key movie moments, characters and storylines yet to be seen in Star Wars: The Force Awakens, an additional wave of products will be released closer to the film’s debut, when fans will be able to find additional items featuring the newest characters, including Rey, Finn, Kylo Ren, Captain Phasma, BB-8 and more.
If it wasn’t enough there will be lots of amazing dress up outfits for your Star Wars revival parties.
It’s beginning to look a lot like …. a Star Wars Christmas!
Monica Costa founded London Mums in September 2006 after her son Diego’s birth together with a group of mothers who felt the need of meeting up regularly to share the challenges and joys of motherhood in metropolitan and multicultural London. London Mums is the FREE and independent peer support group for mums and mumpreneurs based in London https://londonmumsmagazine.com and you can connect on Twitter @londonmums