Film review: Aquaman and The Lost Kingdom starring Jason Momoa
- Shopping Guides
- Published on Thursday, 21 December 2023 08:29
- Last Updated on 05 January 2024
- 0 Comments
Aquaman and the lost kingdom is the new superhero film based on the DC character AQUAMAN. This is a serves sequel to the 2018 film Aquaman and is the 15th and final instalment in the DC Extended Universe.
Several years after becoming king of Atlantis, Arthur Curry (played by Jason Momoa) has married Mera and had a son named Arthur Jr. While splitting his life between land and sea, Arthur faces new challenges. David Kane, seeking revenge for his father’s death, works with marine biologist Stephen Shin to find Atlantean artefacts. Kane discovers a black trident that possesses him, with its creator promising to give him the power to destroy Arthur.
To prevent a disaster, Arthur must work with his half brother Orm to stop Black Manta from using the cursed Black Trident to overheat the world while searching for the lost kingdom.
We gave it a 7/10 a nice family friendly movie easy to watch. It wasn’t an intense movie, while Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom has its moments, it doesn’t quite reach the heights of its predecessor. Whether you’re a fan of underwater adventures or not, it’s worth checking out for the visual spectacle and action sequences.
London Mums’ rating: 7/10
- The film was directed by James Wan and written by David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick.
- Filming took place in the United Kingdom, Hawaii, Los Angeles, New Jersey, and New Zealand.
- The movie premiered at a fan event at The Grove in Los Angeles on December 19, 2023, and was released in the United States on December 22, 2023, by Warner Bros. Pictures.
I am a mother of two teenagers and a London Mums magazine’s contributor. I review attractions, movies, restaurants, toys. In my profile picture, I am together with my partner in crime and London Mums’ editor Monica Costa.