DVD Review: BBC Earth Film’s Earth: One Amazing Day narrated by Robert Redford
- Shopping Guides
- Published on Saturday, 03 March 2018 11:06
- Last Updated on 28 February 2018
- Monica Costa
- 0 Comments
Finally I have managed to get the DVD of Earth: One Amazing Day made by BBC Earth Films, the studio that produced Earth. My son Diego and I absolutely love watching clips at breakfast before the school run. It is an astonishing journey revealing the power of the natural world. If you enjoyed the BBC Earth documentaries and Deep Blue you will love this. Read my review of Earth: One Amazing Day here. The photography is breathtaking and Robert Redford as the narrator is superb! It’s a must see documentary for all children and government leaders. After seeing the beautiful Blue Planet, there should be a sequel documentary to show how humans are destroying its marvels. BBC Earth Film’s Earth: One Amazing DayUltra HD Blu-ray release is now available to buy in the UK and Ireland on amazon.co.uk.
The release is the first documentary to combine the immersive 360 degree sound experience of Dolby Atmos® and the outstanding picture quality of Dolby Vision™ in Ultra HDR (High Dynamic Range), which is up to forty times brighter than available on today’s standard televisions.
Narrated by Hollywood veteran Robert Redford – with the option of selecting international superstar Jackie Chan’s narration in Mandarin – and five-years in the making, Earth: One Amazing Day is an warm-hearted, family-friendly journey revealing the awesome power of the natural world. Over the course of one single day, the film tracks the sun from the highest mountains to the remotest islands, from exotic jungles to urban jungles.
Now Dolby Vision HDR enabled TV’s can enjoy this stunning cinematic release in the highest resolution ever (2160p resolution with Dolby Vision HDR colour) from the comfort of their own home.
Astounding breakthroughs in native 4K filmmaking technology sees Earth: One Amazing Day bring viewers up close and personal with a cast of unforgettable characters; a baby zebra desperate to cross a swollen river, a penguin who heroically undertakes a death-defying daily commute to feed his family, a family of sperm whales who like to snooze vertically and a sloth on the hunt for love.
Told with humour, intimacy, emotion and a jaw-dropping sense of cinematic splendour, Earth: One Amazing Day is a colourful, ultra-vivid family-friendly adventure that spectacularly highlights how every day the natural world is filled with more unseen dramas and wonders than you can possibly imagine – until now.
Earth: One Amazing Day is also available to own on Blu-ray and DVD now and will be available in Dolby Vision HDR on iTunes across UK & Eire this month. All of its home entertainment formats have Bonus Features, including breath-taking behind-the-scenes featurettes.
FORMAT & PRICE: UHD 4K (RRP £30.63) / Blu-ray (RRP £25.52) / DVD (RRP £20.42) / EST: (RRP £9.99)
BONUS FEATURES: ‘Behind The Scenes’, ‘Breaking the Ice’, ‘Clash of the Titans’, ‘Chasing Shadows’, ‘Noah’s Ark’, ‘ Raising a Family’
- Earth: One Amazing Day is the first (and currently only) natural history documentary feature to be released available using both Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos format technologies, the experience of which offers the highest quality in picture and sound available in the theatrical and home entertainment marketgf.
- Earth: One Amazing Day is A BBC Earth Films and Shanghai Media Group (SMG) co-production .
- It is the first Western feature film to record its entire musical score in Mainland China through a collaboration between Alex Heffes (The Last King of Scotland, Touching The Void) and Roc Chen (Forbidden Kiss, Chinese Zodiac) and features a 120 piece orchestra plus 30 piece choir.
- Earth: One Amazing Day is directed by Richard Dale (BAFTA and Peabody winner The Human Body) and Peter Webber (Oscar nominee The Girl with the Pearl Earring). The film is scripted by leading screenwriter Frank Cottrell-Boyce (London 2012 Olympic opening ceremony, The Railway Man). The film is produced by Stephen McDonogh p.g.a (Walking With Dinosaurs 3D and Louis Theroux’s award-winning feature My Scientology Movie) and executive produced by Neil Nightingale (Enchanted Kingdom and Wild Africa).
- Earth: One Amazing Day is the top performing UK documentary in international box office of 2017. (Source: BFI Stats Unit/Comscore)
[arve url=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbTbHNtYV_4″ /]
Monica Costa founded London Mums in September 2006 after her son Diego’s birth together with a group of mothers who felt the need of meeting up regularly to share the challenges and joys of motherhood in metropolitan and multicultural London. London Mums is the FREE and independent peer support group for mums and mumpreneurs based in London https://londonmumsmagazine.com and you can connect on Twitter @londonmums