Book of the week: Goodnight Stories for Rebel Girls: 100 Real-Life Tales of Black Girl Magic
- Shopping Guides
- Published on Monday, 15 November 2021 11:09
- Last Updated on 09 November 2021
- Monica Costa
- 0 Comments
When London Mums voted Rebel Girls Children’s Book of the Year in 2017, we knew that this series would become highly successful and today we have had the proof of that. Rebel Girls has become the global multi-platform empowerment brand dedicated to helping raise the most inspired and confident global generation of girls, and now all four volumes of their New York Times bestselling series Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls will debut in Oprah’s Favourite Things 2021 holiday gift list, featured in the Winter issue of O Quarterly and on OprahDaily.com.
The Oprah’s Favourite Things annual list is a must-have holiday shopping guide that features the most decadent desserts, ingenious gadgets, and finest finds in home, fashion, and beauty.
As Oprah says on OprahDaily.com: “Reading can inspire you to do great things — what a great gift for a preteen! This series features boundary-breaking women and includes stories about some who have moved me the most — like Toni Morrison. They even included me!”
The Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls series tells the tales of inspiring women from the past and present and is illustrated by women and non-binary artists from around the world. The collection of books, which transforms each biography into a fairytale, includes:
- Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls: Volume 1 features a collection of bedtime stories about the life of 100 extraordinary women from Malala Yousafzai and Elizabeth I to Ruth Bader Ginsburg and Michelle Obama.
- Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls Volume 2: Volume 2 features brand new stories of empowering women that were entirely crowdsourced from supporters from around the world spanning 70+ countries sharing the Rebel Girls who inspire them. Women in the book include the likes of Beyoncé and Audrey Hepburn to Madonna and Nefertiti.
- Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls: 100 Immigrant Women Who Changed The World: Volume 3 features 100 stories of immigrant women who have changed the world ranging from Madeleine Albright to Asma Kahn and Anna Wintour to Lupita Nyong’
- Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls: 100 Real-Life Tales of Black Girl Magic: Volume 4 features the stories of 100 barrier-breaking Black women and girls from around the world including Naomi Osaka and Amanda Gorman to Ida B. Wells and Aretha Franklin. Designed to acknowledge, applaud and amplify the work of Black women through the ages, the book was created by Black women from cover-to-cover.
Rebel Girls amplifies the stories of real-life, extraordinary women throughout history, geography, and field of excellence through their award-winning children’s books, podcasts, merchandise, live events and more.
Twelve lucky readers will have the chance to win all 110 items on Oprah’s Favourite Things List in the 12-Day Give-O-way Sweepstakes (www.oprahdaily.com/12days-2021), which runs from 12th – 23rd November.
To see the full list of items please visit www.oprahdaily.com/oprah-favorite-things-2021.
All four volumes of Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls are available for purchase at www.RebelGirls.com (On this website there are also lovely podcasts) and in the Oprah’s Favourite Things gift guide on Amazon at amazon.com/oprah, as well as via the Amazon App on iOS and Android for customers to shop anytime, anywhere.
Monica Costa founded London Mums in September 2006 after her son Diego’s birth together with a group of mothers who felt the need of meeting up regularly to share the challenges and joys of motherhood in metropolitan and multicultural London. London Mums is the FREE and independent peer support group for mums and mumpreneurs based in London https://londonmumsmagazine.com and you can connect on Twitter @londonmums