Travel with Kids: Villa Radicata – a dream holiday home in Tuscany
- Mums Tips
- Travel with kids
- Published on Tuesday, 08 January 2019 11:08
- Last Updated on 06 January 2019
- rita Kobrak
- 0 Comments
Villa Radicata has been restored with love and attention to detail to make it a comfortable family holiday home. It is in a stunning undiscovered part of Tuscany close to Anghiari in the Tiber valley. The Villa has its own private fenced swimming pool giving fabulous, open views over the Tuscan countryside and Montedoglio Lake. It was renovated retaining original features including chestnut beams and terracotta floors throughout. There are several patios and a lovely pergola around the house making it a perfect house for a large group. There is an outside pizza oven, mountain bikes, plenty of toys and baby equipment.
The villa is near a small village with a supermarket and pizzeria. It 5 km away from Michelangelo’s birthplace (Caprese Michelangelo) and just 15 mins from Anghiari, a pretty medieval hilltop town. It is also within easy reach of the larger town of San Sepolcro (20 mins) and day trips to Florence, Siena, Assisi and Cortona.
The villa is available for weekly self-catering rentals and also all-inclusive yoga/fitness/cooking courses for families on set dates throughout the year.
- Villa sleeps 10 people
- There are 4 cots, 4 high chairs, stair gates and plenty of toys
- 3 floors, 5 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms
- Private fenced swimming pool (12x5m) with fabulous open views over the Tuscan countryside. Pool opens 1st week of May to last week September.
- Dining room, living room, several patios, pergola
- Fully equipped Kitchen. We even have pasta machine and bread maker
- Private fenced garden
- Private parking
- Outdoor pizza oven with possibility of pizza/pasta making lessons
- WI FI
- cook/babysitter if needed
- Washing machine,dish washer, BBQ, Sky TV, DVD, CD, Books, Toys & Games, mountain bikes
- Just 15 mins from Anghiari, a pretty, medieval hilltop town, one hour from Assisi , One hour from Perugia airport, 75 minutes to the coast
- Prices from £1800-2500 per week for whole villa with pool. Ideal for up to 10/12
- Babysitter/cook/cooking lessons/baby massage/yoga can be arranged.
- Special London Mum offer from now until 30th April – weekly rate £1500 and weekend rate Friday to Monday – £500
- Yoga/cookery /fitness breaks throughout the year for mums with kids mum-and-baby-experience.co.uk
I have worked in 12 different countries as a tour manager for a travel company before having my beautiful daughter, Alessia 4 years ago. I since set up the mum and baby experience, running fitness, yoga and cooking holidays in Italy for mums and their little ones. I also run a small holiday rental business www.my-italian-holiday-home.com and www.mum-and-baby-experience.co.uk
I enjoy cooking, fencing, travelling and time with my family