Tips for your perfect family skiing holiday
- Mums Tips
- Travel with kids
- Published on Friday, 22 November 2013 11:10
- Last Updated on 21 November 2013
- Monica Costa
- 0 Comments
Ski Famille, a specialist in family skiing holidays, has provided some tips gleaned from over 20 years of experience to help plan your perfect family skiing holiday.
Ski Famille is dedicated to helping you have a holiday where the children have a ball and you can fully recharge your batteries.
Catered chalet holidays with inclusive childcare, ensure children are entertained, amused and experience the mountains, whilst also giving Mum and Dad the chance to hit the slopes with no day to day chores to tackle on their return.
• Minimise travel time – this can dramatically reduce stress levels for parents with young children. Think carefully about where you’re going and the best way of getting there.
• Take your friends! Company is really important for children on holiday. If you’re not going somewhere with an element of childcare consider travelling with friends – it can take the pressure off everyone… assuming you pick the right friends!
• Arrange ski school well in advance. Most good ski schools get booked pretty quickly for the main school holiday periods.
• Don’t be shy. Question your travel company about anything that concerns you before your holiday. They should be more than happy to answer any questions and you’ll head off on holiday with a clear idea of exactly what awaits you.
• Let children dictate the pace to a certain extent. If they’re happy, you’ll be relaxed. If you try and have the same holiday you had pre-kids it simply won’t work.
• Getting the right ski clothing for children can be difficult. We recommend lots of thinner, warm layers and lighter, waterproof jacket & trousers. Not only are these easier to dry out, it’s also easier to carry a spare layer in your back-pack. Good quality, waterproof gloves are essential – it’s worth spending that bit extra as there’s nothing worse than cold, wet hands!
• Don’t forget! Sun cream, lip sunscreen, hats, and a few favourite books and toys.
To talk to the experts who can help you identify the right skiing holiday for your needs, call Ski Famille on 0845 64 437 64 or visit www.skifamille.co.uk
Family skiing offers are now available, saving up to £1,540 for a family of four. For more details visit www.skifamille.co.uk/offers.
Monica Costa founded London Mums in September 2006 after her son Diego’s birth together with a group of mothers who felt the need of meeting up regularly to share the challenges and joys of motherhood in metropolitan and multicultural London. London Mums is the FREE and independent peer support group for mums and mumpreneurs based in London https://londonmumsmagazine.com and you can connect on Twitter @londonmums