Time saving hacks to help around the home
- Mums Tips
- Published on Friday, 28 July 2023 08:04
- Last Updated on 27 July 2023
- Monica Costa
- 0 Comments
Being a parent of young children is hectic at the best of times, but during the summer holidays it’s even more important to save time and stay productive so you have more time for the fun stuff! London Mums share time saving hacks to help around the home during the school holidays.
- Secret storage is your best friend. Ottomans with hidden storage are a great way to quickly tidy things away, you can have one for each child where they can keep their toys, crafts etc. Not only are they great storage, but they make handy additional seating or footstools.
- Save time by using DYLON Colour Catcher in your wash. No need to spend time separating colours from whites, wash everything in one go with this nifty sheet and know that your coloured clothes will stay bright and whites remain white, saving you time, energy and money!
- Use hanging shoe storage to prep your kids’ clothes for the days ahead. You can prep their outfits, including socks and underwear and they can pull out their ready planned outfits and get changed themselves. (Also great for school days)
- Keep a lint roller easily accessible to quickly wipe pet hair and dust off not only clothes, but also lampshades and furniture, this saves you getting the hoover out every time.
- Leave a basket by the door or stairs to easily throw bits in that need to be taken to other rooms or up and down. This will save you time running up and down and means you can carry lots at once.
- While you may plan meals during school days, plan meals during the summer as well. This will spare time without stressing about what to make and save money so you’re not tempted to grab a fast food meal.
- If your children are old enough to do chores, get everyone to help by putting on some of their favourite music while they pitch in (ie dust, fold freshly laundered towels, gardening, etc).
- Don’t leave chores to the last minute. Doing a little at a time is better than spending a whole day catching up on cleaning.
Monica Costa founded London Mums in September 2006 after her son Diego’s birth together with a group of mothers who felt the need of meeting up regularly to share the challenges and joys of motherhood in metropolitan and multicultural London. London Mums is the FREE and independent peer support group for mums and mumpreneurs based in London https://londonmumsmagazine.com and you can connect on Twitter @londonmums