How to make Pregnancy and Nursing comfortable
- Mums Tips
- Pregnancy & Birth
- Published on Wednesday, 12 August 2020 13:41
- Last Updated on 08 September 2021
- Monica Costa
- 0 Comments
I can still remember how uncomfortable I often felt in bed while pregnant and breastfeeding my son. I have recently come across an amazing brand called BellaMoon® which have recently unveiled a new collection of three luxury fabric design prints for their multi award winning Full Moon 7-in-1 Pregnancy & Nursing System – Feather Nest (RRP: £169). This unique product provides support from the very first trimester of the pregnancy, throughout the breastfeeding journey, and until baby is 18 months of age. The pillows are very soft and practical to use hence they represent a long-term investment for new mums. Once you finish with the pregnancy and breastfeeding, the system is convertible to a big snail-shaped pillow that alleviates back pain.
Starting in pregnancy, the ‘Mother’s Pillow’ provides relief to pressure points in the neck, back and hips, while supporting your growing bump. When baby is born, it transforms into an ultra-comfortable, protective cocoon for the most relaxing lateral breastfeeding experience. Featuring a unique Anti-Roll Fin and Anti-Roll Barrier it keeps baby protected and provides parents with invaluable peace of mind.
The Full Moon can be re-configured using the clever zipper system to create a feeding pillow for upright breast or bottle feeding, a tummy time pillow for strengthening and a baby lounger for chill out time. It even has a built-in nursing cover that you can unzip and take with you when you need.
The products functionality has certainly not compromised on the look and style of this iconic design and the striking new collection made up of ‘Moonstone’, ‘Fairy Tree’ and ‘Feather Nest’ stories have added the wow factor.
Combining utility and beauty, the multi-purpose Full Moon® provides 7 essential functions, making it one of the most versatile baby products in the world.
The whimsical Fairy Tree print came to life from memories of BellaMoon®’s Founder, Irene Breen’s family farm, which had a mysterious fairy thorn tree in the field. The mythical Moonstone print is inspired by ancients in Ireland, who passed wisdom from one generation to another through close words and markings preserved in stone. Finally, the delicate Feather Nest design is inspired by guardian angels and helps new mothers immerse themselves in a feather-light moment.
The stunning new prints can also be found on other products from the award-winning range including the cotton swaddle blankets, nursing privacy covers, the New Moon 4-in-1 Pregnancy & Nursing Pillow and the Half Moon Nursing Nest.
Irene’s career in architecture has been crucial for the design as she took into consideration both the human comfort and aesthetic and she presented them at a level that only a professional designer could envision. Irene found a gap in the nursery industry and filled it with imaginative, attractive and highly sought-after solution that creates an exciting new trend in this space.
Commenting on the launch of the new prints, Irene said: “My vision was to create a collection that would look beautiful in the home, yet does not compromise on the comfort, utility and safety of mother and baby. Each print not only looks stunning, it also tells a beautiful, meaningful story, We hope to encourage and enable mums to have the most restful pregnancy and breastfeeding journey, allowing them to concentrate on enjoying every precious little moment of motherhood. I created BellaMoon® to give both mother and baby a comfortable and peaceful space to bond. BellaMoon® allows you to nourish your little bundle of love, knowing that your limbs are supported, your baby protected and making feeding the most wonderfully serene experience.”
With sustainability at the heart of the brand, the BellaMoon® range has been designed to be super kind to the environment. BellaMoon® is made to be passed from one Mother to another, so you can rest assured the quality is superb.
When Irene had her first daughter Bella, she experienced a real problem suffered by mums the world over. She so desperately wanted to breastfeed but found it extremely demanding and exhausting. All she wanted to do was lie down and rest whilst nursing her new baby, but she was terrified of rolling on to her or Bella rolling off the bed. A fear amongst many breastfeeding mothers. She also found her body ached when she was in this stiff lateral position for long feeding sessions and craved support for her neck, back and hips.
Benefits of the 7-in -1 Full Moon Pregnancy & Nursing System at a glance
- The award-winning 7-in -1 Full Moon Pregnancy & Nursing System designed to support mum and her growing baby, from the first trimester of pregnancy right the way through their incredible breastfeeding journey.
- The Full Moon provides 7 different essential functions, making it one of the most versatile baby products in the world.
- It has worldwide PCT patent-pending features unique to anything else on the market, multiple design registrations and trademarks.
- BellaMoon products are designed to ensure mum has the most restful pregnancy and breastfeeding journey so she can concentrate on enjoying all the little precious moments to the fullest.
- The full body pillow has been designed to provide support and comfort to each pressure point prone to pain during pregnancy and when laterally breastfeeding.
- The two ends of the pillow zip off and zip together to form a smaller C shaped pillow for upright nursing/bottle feeding in many different positions.
- This same configuration can also be used as a baby lounger around the house.
- The long middle section is designed to be used as a tummy time pillow too.
- The Half Moon Nursing Nest part (that baby is lying in) has numerous safety features, including an Anti-Roll Fin between mum and baby and an Anti-Roll barrier to prevent baby from rolling away, and to remind dad that baby is present in the bed for breastfeeding.
- The base of the Full Moon System double up as a privacy nursing cover.
- The Full Moon System can be purchased and used all together or customers can choose to purchase the pieces individually as and when they need them.
Monica Costa founded London Mums in September 2006 after her son Diego’s birth together with a group of mothers who felt the need of meeting up regularly to share the challenges and joys of motherhood in metropolitan and multicultural London. London Mums is the FREE and independent peer support group for mums and mumpreneurs based in London https://londonmumsmagazine.com and you can connect on Twitter @londonmums