Divorce Can Be A Positive Experience
- Mums Tips
- Parenting Skills
- Published on Friday, 05 December 2014 11:23
- Last Updated on 12 December 2019
- Sara Davison
- 0 Comments
Times have changed and the old fashioned view that a marriage will last forever has to fade. Britain has the highest divorce rate in Europe with 42% of first marriages ending in divorce. If we do achieve the fairy tale of happy ever after that is fast becoming the exception rather than the rule.
It is often said that divorce is the 2nd most traumatic experience after loss of a loved one. The divorce journey is a rollercoaster of emotions and a minefield of unknowns. Having been through my own divorce I am fully aware of how it can hit you like a freight train and leave you feeling overwhelmed and unable to move forward.
However, I am a big believer that it is not what happens to you in life that matters; it is what you do about it that counts. There are some positives to divorce that should not be forgotten, in they should be shouted loud and clear for all those going through divorce to hear.
The 5 BEST things about going through a divorce:
- You can redesign your life the way you want it. Now is the time to start planning all of those things that you could not do whilst you were married – a trip you wanted to take but your partner didn’t fancy, taking the job you really want, designing your home the way you like it.
- Freedom. You don’t have to worry about pleasing your partner anymore. You can focus on doing what you want, when you want to do it.
- You have quality time with your kids. You can spend precious time alone with your kids and focus on them 100% when you are with them.
- You can have a “romcom”moment. During many marriages sexual attraction can fizzle. The good news is when you get divorced you can start dating again when you feel ready. You can experience falling in love all over again and no longer live vicariously through Romantic Comedies (Romcoms).
- You can reinvent yourself. A lot of people choose to make changes in their lives after a divorce. Some vegetarians start to eat meat again, some people decide to sleep on a different side of the bed and others make radical changes to their hair and personal style.
You cannot see what lies ahead so why assume it is all doom and gloom? As Marilyn Monroe once wisely said:
Keep focused on the light at the end of the tunnel during your Divorce Journey. Your divorce may mark the end of an era but it is also the beginning of the rest of your life. It’s all in your hands so create the life YOU want to live.
Sara Davison is a highly credible life and business expert whose own personal experience has led to her creating a unique divorce coaching programme which offers support to individuals as they battle through the process of divorce.
An NLP Master Practitioner, with 17 years’ coaching experience, Sara has successfully built and developed a global business and has worked with some of the top names in personal development such as; Anthony Robbins, Paul McKenna, Barefoot Doctor and more.
With a wealth of experience helping others through challenging situations, as well as the experience of her own marriage breakdown, Sara was inspired to create a bespoke divorce coaching program that creates a sustainable program which offers all of the tools, advice and guidance needed to help individuals be better equipped mentally and emotionally to handle divorce, move on and thrive beyond.
Sara’s aim is to change the stigma associated with divorce and single parents in the UK. She wants to encourage people to ask for help, and teach people the skills to get from where they are to where they want to be.