Top tips to keep under 5s entertained
- Mums Tips
- Baby & Toddlers
- Published on Wednesday, 30 November 2011 11:14
- Last Updated on 30 November 2011
- Monica Costa
- 0 Comments
Here are Sarah Hobbs (head of family, David Lloyd Leisure) top tips to keep under 5s entertained.
• Make it fun and appeal to their sense of imagination – running is not just running, it is racing like a lion, as fast as a train, as hoppy as a frog. Sometimes big people forget what it’s like to be little!
• Make sure you don’t stay on the same subject or sport for too long – remember small children’s attention span is very short; incorporate lots of changes and they will be going for hours
• Think about when they will be most active – don’t ask them to be active when they are tired or at nap or bed time; their routine is very important to them and the reward for getting it right will be a settled and resting child at the end of the day
• What’s better than to be active with lots of other like-minded little people – making friends, playing and running together is a recipe for success
Monica Costa founded London Mums in September 2006 after her son Diego’s birth together with a group of mothers who felt the need of meeting up regularly to share the challenges and joys of motherhood in metropolitan and multicultural London. London Mums is the FREE and independent peer support group for mums and mumpreneurs based in London https://londonmumsmagazine.com and you can connect on Twitter @londonmums