Little scientist experiments: Sink and float
- Published on Thursday, 15 November 2012 08:00
- Last Updated on 09 November 2012
- Monica Costa
- 0 Comments
Here is another easy experiment made by our Little scientist to learn the sinking and floating concept.
Tools: a beaker, tweezers.
Small objects such as coins, cotton balls, cereal pieces, rocks, raisins, cork, etc
Key science concept:
Objects sink or float in water.
What to do:
1. Fill the beaker with water.
2. Select a few objects to be placed in the water.
3. Predict which objects will float and sink.
4. Use the tweezers to place objects into the water. Watch what happens to each object.
5. Did you predict correctly?
6. Repeat this experiment with new objects.