THC O vs. HHC: Which is more potent?
- Mums Tips
- Fitness & Health
- Published on Thursday, 26 May 2022 10:09
- Last Updated on 31 May 2022
- Monica Costa
- 0 Comments
THC-O acetate, often called THC O, is a synthetic analog (or chemical twin) of THC. While THC-O is a cannabinoid, it isn’t found naturally and generates safely using modern cannabis technology. CBD gets extracted from hemp with less than 0.3 percent THC. HHC is a minor cannabinoid that exists naturally in cannabis but in insufficient concentrations to justify extraction. You can convert most cannabinoids into other cannabinoids by altering the chemistry of the molecules. Commercial HHC, like delta 8 and delta 10 THC, is created in a lab using chemical methods from hemp-derived CBD.
What is THC-O?
THC-O is a hallucinogenic synthetic cannabinoid. It’s three times more potent than delta 9 THC and five times more potent than delta 8 THC. Many cannabis users are intrigued with THC analog as it is quickly absorbable by the body. It can also create powerful, psychoactive high as well as calming benefits. THC-O-acetate, generally known as THC, is more potent than regular marijuana but has a similar effect in small doses. At larger dosages, it becomes euphoric and can immobilize certain users.
What is HHC?
HHC or Hexa hydro cannabinol is a hydrogenated THC. It is analogous to the process of hydrogenation, used to transform vegetable oil into margarine (stabilizing the chemical structure by adding hydrogen atoms). HHC is naturally present in hemp but only in trace levels. For a reasonable amount, a complex method gets used to saturate THC with hydrogen atoms in high pressure and a catalyst such as nickel or palladium. THC’s double bond chemical structure breaks, and hydrogen takes its place.
Difference between THC-O and HHC.
Besides being from the same family, there are certain things that both THC-O and HHC have; let us see what makes these variants different.
- HHC is formed by saturating THC with hydrogen atoms at high pressure and using a catalyst such as nickel or palladium. THC’s double bond chemical structure breaks, and the other molecules replace hydrogen during the hydrogenation process. This hydrogenated THC form has at least ten different isomers. The cannabinoid’s effects and potency, on the other hand, haven’t changed much.
- THC-O is a byproduct of the decarboxylation of tetrahydrocannabinol acid (THCA).
It is also known as the precursor to tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). Because chemists can make THC-O by mixing THCA with sulfuric acid and acetic anhydride, it is a synthetic cannabinoid. When heat mixes with this mixture of chemicals, a chemical reaction occurs, converting THCA into a highly active version.
- Although there isn’t much study on HHC currently, most users claim effects similar to THC. Users have reported pain alleviation and relaxation, according to anecdotal evidence. When compared to THC, it has nearly the same potency. Users report anxiety, paranoia, dizziness, and a high heart rate when they take significant doses of CBD.
- THC-O has a distinct effect from other THC molecules, notwithstanding its strength. This cannabinoid produces a more contemplative and spiritual high than the conventional high, including laughter, tiredness, and hunger. While under the effect of THC-O, some users have described having religious experiences. THC-O-acetate is worth trying if you’re seeking a genuinely unique cannabis experience. Remember to start with a minimal dose because this chemical is potent.
Effects of THC-O and HHC
THC-O is significantly more potent than Delta 9 THC, resulting in a far more intense high than marijuana. When taking cannabinoids for the first time, start with moderate doses to avoid overdoing it. Wait for at least 30 minutes to evaluate how it affects your body and mind, and adjust your intake to achieve the desired outcomes.
HHC is more psychotropic than THC-O but less so than Delta 8 THC. HHC has effects that are highly comparable to Delta 9 THC. However, because marijuana is still illegal on the federal level, those who can’t legally obtain psychotropic cannabis plants turn to hemp derivatives.
In which forms THC-O and HHC are available?
They both are part of the CBD family itself and have many similar effects with few differences; they come in similar forms of gummies, vapes, candies, oils, tinctures, and flowers. All these forms have different ways of consumption. Hence all the products come with the proper instructions and required doses for better effects. The main thing to keep in mind is the availability and legalization of the products you take. If it is illegal in your locality, it might be troublesome for you to keep CBD products with you.
Which is more potent?
THC-O is a powerful THC variant that is five times stronger than Delta-8 THC and three times stronger than Delta-9 THC. In comparison to Delta 8 THC, HHC is more powerful. However, it is less active than Delta 9 THC, implying that THC-O Acetate is more potent than HHC because THC-O is five times stronger than Delta 8 THC. THC-O has three times the potency of marijuana. Despite its high Potency, THC-O also takes less time for its effect, and on the other side, HHC takes more time than THC-O to show its effect. Many factors influence our tolerance to cannabinoids, including previous cannabis usage, age, weight, and other characteristics.
The THC-O and HHC variants are almost similar, and they have slight differences in their components and bond. But they come with many repetitive properties in terms of effectiveness and potency. People consider THC-O to be more potent in several studies and experiments. Also, the user’s feedback is more critical, and all the things sum up the result. The marijuana business is booming. In this rapidly expanding business, minor cannabinoids such as HHC and THC O do not have the scope to thrive. To comprehend the nature and consequences of such substances, consumers must first understand the fundamental differences. Because the data on both are concerning, you should use the best and safest dosage of such compounds. Furthermore, to reduce the odds of any hazards, it is advisable to buy from reputable suppliers who offer high-quality products.
Monica Costa founded London Mums in September 2006 after her son Diego’s birth together with a group of mothers who felt the need of meeting up regularly to share the challenges and joys of motherhood in metropolitan and multicultural London. London Mums is the FREE and independent peer support group for mums and mumpreneurs based in London https://londonmumsmagazine.com and you can connect on Twitter @londonmums