Healthy Heart Tip: Keep Mum’s heart healthy this Mother’s Day
- Mums Tips
- Fitness & Health
- Published on Sunday, 27 March 2022 11:20
- Last Updated on 25 March 2022
- Monica Costa
- 0 Comments
This Sunday, 27th of March, treat your mum to a luxurious, heart healthy day. It’s important for all mums to remember to take care of their own health and wellbeing, as well as that of their families. Here’s a few ways to make the day healthy and special:
Breakfast in Bed
- Your mum will love being served breakfast, so pop by the shops early or make arrangements the day before. Why not serve up a tray of muesli with juicy berries, scrambled eggs with smoked salmon on wholemeal toast and freshly squeezed fruit juice. Dish up yoghurt with a medley of exotic fruits such as mango, kiwi, lychees and star fruit to make the tray more colourful.
- An active day out is a great way to spend Mother’s Day. This could be anything from a few rounds of tennis/badminton, a walk in the countryside or a cycle in the park. Spending time together as a family is always a treat. Take a healthy picnic and make sure you do the washing up when you get home.
- Why not pamper her with a home spa? Light a fragranced candle and treat her to a manicure, pedicure, a relaxing facial or a back/neck massage. Running errands, doing the cooking and the washing up is a good way for mum to have a well-earned and stress free day.
Reverse the roles this Mother’s Day by looking after your mum and treating her to a luscious, heart healthy day!
For more tips on how to stay healthy, sign up for our weekly healthy tips at www.heartresearch.org.uk/healthy-tips
To help keep your heart healthy, why not try out some of our Healthy Heart recipes from our website: https://heartresearch.org.uk/heart-research-uk-recipes-2/
Or have a look through our Healthy Heart cookbook filled with recipes from top chefs, celebrities and food bloggers:
Monica Costa founded London Mums in September 2006 after her son Diego’s birth together with a group of mothers who felt the need of meeting up regularly to share the challenges and joys of motherhood in metropolitan and multicultural London. London Mums is the FREE and independent peer support group for mums and mumpreneurs based in London https://londonmumsmagazine.com and you can connect on Twitter @londonmums