Vegan recipe: Vegetable crisps
- Feeding the Family
- Published on Tuesday, 27 December 2022 11:04
- Last Updated on 14 December 2022
- Monica Costa
- 0 Comments
Are you getting ready for Veganuary?
Vegetable crisps are better than potato crisps, in my view. Here’s London Mums‘ simple recipe to make vegetable crisps.
Ingredients (only suggestions)
|1 teaspoon||Sea Salt|
|½ teaspoon||Fennel Seeds|
|2 s||Dried Red Chillies|
1. Preheat the oven to 190C. Make sure your chosen vegetables are nice and clean and peel them thinly. My personal favourite vegetable crisps are beetroot crisps.
2. Pat the peelings dry with a clean kitchen towel and put them into a large bowl.
3. Add a teaspoon of vegetable oil and your choice of flavourings – salt and pepper, some dried herbs, maybe some smoked paprika, ground cumin or dried garlic granules. Don’t go overboard – the crisps will be thin and light, and they are easily overpowered by seasonings.
4. Line a large baking tray with parchment paper (optional, but it stops the peelings from sticking to the tray).
5. Mix the peelings and seasonings well and spread over the baking tray. Make sure they are in a single layer, not piled up, otherwise they will steam instead of crisping up.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes, keeping a close eye on them and mixing them up half way through the time.
7. When they are golden brown, remove them from the oven and leave them to cool and crisp up.
Other Vegan recipes
Monica Costa founded London Mums in September 2006 after her son Diego’s birth together with a group of mothers who felt the need of meeting up regularly to share the challenges and joys of motherhood in metropolitan and multicultural London. London Mums is the FREE and independent peer support group for mums and mumpreneurs based in London https://londonmumsmagazine.com and you can connect on Twitter @londonmums