Snack recipe: Christine Bailey’s Roasted Pepper and Walnut Dip
- Feeding the Family
- Published on Friday, 20 September 2013 09:00
- Last Updated on 08 September 2013
- Monica Costa
- 0 Comments
Superb healthy snack recipe idea (also great to feed the kids): Christine Bailey’s Roasted Pepper and Walnut Dip.
• Pinch of smoked paprika
• 1 garlic clove, crushed
• 100g / 4oz walnuts, chopped
• 225g / 8oz roasted red peppers (from a jar)
• 1 tbsp sun dried tomato puree
• 3 tbsp walnut oil
• 1-2 tbsp balsamic vinegar to taste
• 2 tsp xylitol or ½ tsp stevia (optional)
• Salt and black pepper to taste
• Served on Nairn’s Oat Cracker Thins
Preparation time: 10 minutes
1. Place the paprika, garlic, walnuts, peppers in a food processor or blender and process until finely chopped.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth.
3. Adjust quantity of vinegar and xylitol according to taste. Season with a little black pepper and sea salt.
Monica Costa founded London Mums in September 2006 after her son Diego’s birth together with a group of mothers who felt the need of meeting up regularly to share the challenges and joys of motherhood in metropolitan and multicultural London. London Mums is the FREE and independent peer support group for mums and mumpreneurs based in London https://londonmumsmagazine.com and you can connect on Twitter @londonmums