Recipe: White Chocolate, Coconut Ice-Cream
- Feeding the Family
- Published on Sunday, 23 June 2013 09:00
- Last Updated on 21 June 2013
- Monica Costa
- 0 Comments
Refreshing easy recipe for ice cream – White Chocolate, Coconut Ice-Cream.
75g White Chocolate (we used Mortimer White Couverture Powder for this recipe)
2 eggs, separated
50g caster sugar
200ml coconut cream
• Heat the white couverture powder in a bowl over a pan of simmering water, then stir until melted and smooth.
• Mix the coconut cream with the Malibu until smooth.
• Stir the white couverture into the coconut cream.
• Beat the egg yolks with the sugar until pale and thick.
• Then beat in the coconut mixture.
• Whisk the egg whites until they form firm peaks.
• Beat 1 tablespoon of the egg white into the coconut mixture, then fold in the rest of the egg white.
• Freeze, preferable overnight, to allow the flavours to develop.
• Put in the fridge for 20 minutes to soften before serving.
Monica Costa founded London Mums in September 2006 after her son Diego’s birth together with a group of mothers who felt the need of meeting up regularly to share the challenges and joys of motherhood in metropolitan and multicultural London. London Mums is the FREE and independent peer support group for mums and mumpreneurs based in London https://londonmumsmagazine.com and you can connect on Twitter @londonmums