Recipe: Speedy summer lamb tagine
- Feeding the Family
- Published on Tuesday, 15 April 2014 19:10
- Last Updated on 14 April 2014
- Monica Costa
- 0 Comments
Here is a Speedy summer lamb tagine recipe for your Easter family meal. It is fairly simple, tasty and will please kids too.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes 35 minutes
1 tsp vegetable oil
1 red onion, sliced
400g Welsh Diced Lamb Leg
Bart Moroccan-Style Salt (this might not be suitable for kids who are fussy about spieces so you can replace it with normal salt)
1 green chilli, deseeded and thinly sliced
300g pack Waitrose Red Choice Tomatoes, roughly chopped
400g can essential Waitrose Cannellini Beans, drained and rinsed
8 LOVE Life Soft Dried Apricots, quartered
600ml hot chicken stock
Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
Fresh coriander leaves, to serve
1. Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the onion and lamb, season generously with the Moroccan-style salt and stir-fry for 5 minutes.
2. Add the chilli and tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes until the tomatoes are softened and pulpy. Stir in the cannellini beans, apricots and 150ml of the stock and simmer for a further 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, place the couscous in a large heatproof bowl with the lemon zest and juice and cover with the remaining 450ml hot stock. Set aside for 5 minutes until the liquid has been absorbed.
4. Break up the couscous with a fork, spoon between 4 shallow bowls then top with the tagine. Scatter with coriander leaves to serve.
A traditional tagine is made with chickpeas but this one uses cannellini beans. Why not try it with borlotti or kidney beans for a change?
Monica Costa founded London Mums in September 2006 after her son Diego’s birth together with a group of mothers who felt the need of meeting up regularly to share the challenges and joys of motherhood in metropolitan and multicultural London. London Mums is the FREE and independent peer support group for mums and mumpreneurs based in London https://londonmumsmagazine.com and you can connect on Twitter @londonmums