Recipe: Roasties with a quick roast pork and Asian slaw
- Feeding the Family
- Published on Wednesday, 18 May 2016 11:01
- Last Updated on 16 May 2016
- Monica Costa
- 0 Comments
Here is a delicious and very nutritious recipe for Roasties with a quick roast pork and Asian slaw.
They are quick modern recipes featuring potatoes, 30 minute dishes shot in about a minute. The small bit of copy is below which is perfect for your target audience, and attached are the recipes and images. The links to the videos are:
350g baby, salad or new potatoes, such as Maris Peer
2 tbsp coconut oil, plus a little extra
1 tsp Chinese five spice
Ground white pepper
300g pork tenderloin
1 tsp sesame seeds
2 slices of lime, plus extra lime juice to season
For the Asian slaw
1/6 red cabbage, finely sliced
¼ red onion, finely sliced
6 radish, finely sliced
50g sugar snaps, finely sliced
1/6 white cabbage, finely sliced
1 carrot, shredded
2 tsp sesame oil
2 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp rice wine or white wine vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan oven/gas mark 7. Put a tray into the oven to heat up for 5 minutes.
- Put 2 tbsp coconut oil into the tray and put the tray back into the oven for a few minutes to melt. Add the potatoes, and season with salt, ½ tsp Chinese five spice and a little ground white pepper. Toss well then roast for 15 minutes then toss again.
- Rub a little coconut oil over the pork and then rub with the remaining ½ tsp five spice and the sesame seeds. Skewer a piece of lime with a cocktail stick and push into one half of the pork, then do the same with the other piece. Roast in the oven next to the potatoes for 20 minutes.
- Put all the ingredients for the slaw into a large bowl. Stir in the sesame oil, soy sauce and vinegar, then season with the lime juice and some salt and pepper.
- Carve the pork into slices. Divide the potatoes between the plates and spoon on the slaw, then arrange the pork on top with the lime.
STYLING NOTES: On a plate – perhaps shot overhead.
Another great rosties recipe is Crushed roast potatoes with coconut prawns
How-to do it video
These recipes were donated to London Mums by www.lovepotatoes.co.uk
Monica Costa founded London Mums in September 2006 after her son Diego’s birth together with a group of mothers who felt the need of meeting up regularly to share the challenges and joys of motherhood in metropolitan and multicultural London. London Mums is the FREE and independent peer support group for mums and mumpreneurs based in London https://londonmumsmagazine.com and you can connect on Twitter @londonmums