Recipe: Raw Carrot Cake Cookies
- Feeding the Family
- Published on Friday, 05 August 2016 14:12
- Last Updated on 05 August 2016
- Monica Costa
- 0 Comments
- 7 squidgy medjool dates
- 150g carrot (peeled and with the ends chopped off)
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons ground flax
- 150g rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 60g raisins
- 100g pecans
- 3 tablespoons cashew butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- Once the carrots are peeled, either grate them or cut them into chunks and add them to the food processor, pulsing until they are finely chopped.
- Squeeze the liquid out of the carrot and then return to the processor with all of the ingredients except for raisins and pecans.
- Blend until the mix is coming together.
- Add in the pecans and raisins and pulse them through the mix.
- Set this aside to firm up slightly and in another bowl, mix taught all of the ingredients for the middle.
- Roll the cookie mixture into small cookie shapes and then sandwich two together with the nut butter mix. Repeat until you have used all of your mixture up.
Monica Costa founded London Mums in September 2006 after her son Diego’s birth together with a group of mothers who felt the need of meeting up regularly to share the challenges and joys of motherhood in metropolitan and multicultural London. London Mums is the FREE and independent peer support group for mums and mumpreneurs based in London https://londonmumsmagazine.com and you can connect on Twitter @londonmums