Recipe: Plant-Based Pastrami Stacker
- Feeding the Family
- Published on Sunday, 23 January 2022 11:07
- Last Updated on 11 January 2022
- Monica Costa
- 0 Comments
Veganuary is still on and I have made myself a vegan sandwich that tastes just as meaty and cheesy as the real thing. Here’s a simple Plant-Based Pastrami Stacker recipe.
– 2 Large Slices Sourdough bread
– Vadasz sauerkraut (or pickles of your choice!)
– Applewood Vegan Cheese (I love this and being vegan is better for me)
4 simple ingredients, one seriously tasty plant-based pastrami stack.
1) Toast 2 large slices of sourdough bread. The toaster is fine but for some extra colour and
flavour pop them in the griddle pan until you get some clear griddle lines, repeat for both
2) Once toasted add a layer of sauerkraut for contrasting taste and texture. We’ve used our
favourite Vadasz Sauerkraut.
3) Add a generous layer of the pastrami slices. (Top with a little mustard if you want an extra
4) In a frying pan melt slices of Applewood Vegan Cheese, when they’ve almost completely
melted transfer them to the sandwich and top with your other piece of bread.
5) Slice and serve.
Monica Costa founded London Mums in September 2006 after her son Diego’s birth together with a group of mothers who felt the need of meeting up regularly to share the challenges and joys of motherhood in metropolitan and multicultural London. London Mums is the FREE and independent peer support group for mums and mumpreneurs based in London https://londonmumsmagazine.com and you can connect on Twitter @londonmums