Recipe: Peanut butter & chocolate brownies
- Feeding the Family
- Published on Saturday, 03 April 2021 10:30
- Last Updated on 31 March 2021
- Monica Costa
- 0 Comments
- 80g of melted butter
- 160g of brown sugar
- 1 Egg
- 120ml of milk
- 140g of flour1/2 tsp of baking powder
- A pinch of Salt
- 100ml of ManiLife Deep Roast Peanut Butter (crunchy or smooth)
- 1+1/2 bar of 100% Islands Chocolate (broken into pieces) – we love it chocolaty and this is a low calories type of chocolate
1. Preheat the oven to 170 degrees. In a small pan add butter and chocolate and melt on a low heat.
2. Once everything has melted, take off the heat and add to bowl and add the sugar and stir until the sugar has dissolved.
5. Add the egg, milk, flour, baking powder and pinch of salt and mix well. Chop up the 100% bar into small pieces and add to the mixture and give it another mix.
6. Prepare and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper and pour the mixture in and smooth out with the back of your spatula.
7. Choose either the crunchy or smooth peanut butter and dollop on top and swirl with the back of a spoon to make lovely peanut butter swirls.
8. Cook in the over for 30 minutes. It will seem uncooked when you take it out but you will need to cool it properly before cutting into these fudgy chocolate brownies.
Find more culinary inspiration in the London Mums’ recipe section here. Related recipes:
Monica Costa founded London Mums in September 2006 after her son Diego’s birth together with a group of mothers who felt the need of meeting up regularly to share the challenges and joys of motherhood in metropolitan and multicultural London. London Mums is the FREE and independent peer support group for mums and mumpreneurs based in London https://londonmumsmagazine.com and you can connect on Twitter @londonmums