Recipe: Zesty No-bake Cheesecake
- Feeding the Family
- Published on Tuesday, 25 June 2013 09:00
- Last Updated on 20 June 2013
- Monica Costa
- 0 Comments
No-bake cakes are just the thing for busy people. Easy and unusual recipe for a cheesecake to make for parties or picnics using pancakes. You would not expect that so your guests or kids will be surprised!
Preparation time: 30 minutes Plus time to chill
1 pack Sweet Pancakes (we used Abra-ca-Debora Sweet Dutch Pancakes for this recipe)
14 digestive biscuits
8 tbsp melted butter
400g cream cheese
Zest of 3 oranges, segments saved for later
Zest of 1 lemon
250g mascarpone cheese
50g caster sugar
3 tbsp milk
150ml pot double cream
1. Put the biscuits in a large freezer bag and bash into crumbs with a rolling pin – how therapeutic, dear.
2. Place the crumbs in a large bowl and mix with the melted butter.
3. Press the biscuit mixture evenly into the bottom of a 23cm tin, so it’s tightly packed. Put the tin into the fridge to set, this should take half an hour.
4. Put the cream cheese into a large bowl with the orange zest, mascarpone, sugar and milk and mix well with a spoon.
5. Whisk the cream until it resembles thick custard, add the cream cheese mixture and combine well.
6. Pour 1/7 of the mixture into the tin and spread evenly. Top with a pancake.
7. Repeat using 1/7 of the mix each time, layering with a pancake and finishing with a layer of the cream cheese mix.
8. Decorate the top with the saved orange segments and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, but preferably overnight.
Recipe and image © Abra-ca-Debora Dutch pancakes
Monica Costa founded London Mums in September 2006 after her son Diego’s birth together with a group of mothers who felt the need of meeting up regularly to share the challenges and joys of motherhood in metropolitan and multicultural London. London Mums is the FREE and independent peer support group for mums and mumpreneurs based in London https://londonmumsmagazine.com and you can connect on Twitter @londonmums