Recipe: Happy birthday cake
- Feeding the Family
- Published on Saturday, 22 June 2013 09:10
- Last Updated on 19 June 2013
- Monica Costa
- 4 Comments
I bet they’ve never had a birthday cake like this, dear. It’s one of London Mums’ new specialities and gets gobbled up very quickly! Easy and unusual recipe to make for birthday parties or picnics using pancakes. You would not expect that so your guests or kids will be surprised!
1 pack Sweet Pancakes (we used Abra-ca-Debora Sweet Dutch Pancakes for this recipe)
1500g strawberries, hulls removed
1200ml double cream
9 x 7.5cm ready-made meringue nests, smashed into chunks
3 tbsp ginger cordial
1 block white chocolate
1. Blitz half the strawberries in a blender, chop the rest of them, but save six for decoration.
2. Whip the double cream until stiff peaks form. Fold in the strawberry pulp and crushed meringue, then fold in the chopped strawberries and cordial.
3. Place one pancake on a plate and spoon 1/5 of the mixture on to it, spreading evenly. Top with another pancake and spread another 1/5 of the mix on top. Repeat until the 6th pancake is placed upon the stack.
4. Melt the white chocolate in a microwave in a microwaveable dish. Drizzle over the top of the cake, sprinkle on the raspberries, and decorate centre with remaining strawberries. Place in fridge for half an hour before serving. Happy birthday, dear!
Recipe and image © Abra-ca-Debora Dutch pancakes
Monica Costa founded London Mums in September 2006 after her son Diego’s birth together with a group of mothers who felt the need of meeting up regularly to share the challenges and joys of motherhood in metropolitan and multicultural London. London Mums is the FREE and independent peer support group for mums and mumpreneurs based in London https://londonmumsmagazine.com and you can connect on Twitter @londonmums