Recipe: Open-Top Filo Pie with Spicy Tomato Chutney
- Feeding the Family
- Published on Wednesday, 08 March 2017 11:00
- Last Updated on 06 March 2017
- Monica Costa
- 0 Comments
To celebrate British Pie Week, MAKE YOUR SWITCH have donated London Mums exclusive recipes. Open-Top Filo Pie with Spicy Tomato Chutney is our third recipe. Watch this space for more pie recipes this week. Enjoy!
Switch Category: Steady
Cooking For: 4
Spice rating: Mild
Ready In: 40mins
Open-Top Filo Pie with Spicy Tomato Chutney
75ml vegetable stock
200g chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp. tomato puree
1 cinnamon stick
1 small onion, Finely Chopped
1 garlic clove, Finely Chopped
1 carrot, Finely Chopped
1 tbsp. olive oil
200g ricotta cheese, Drained
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/170°C Fan/Gas Mark
- Grease a 20cm round spring form tart tin with butter. Place in a couple of the filo sheets and overlap them, continue layering and brushing the outer edges with butter, then leave to one side.
- Break up the feta and scatter it into a large mixing bowl along with the spinach, pine nuts, raisins, garlic, lemon juice, and ricotta. Season and then pour into the filo pastry case. Dot the remaining feta on top.
- Bring the outer edges of the filo pasty into the centre and scrunch them slightly to form a border around the edge. Place into the oven and cook for 18 to 20 minutes, it should be hot with golden, crispy pastry.
- Meanwhile, in a large frying pan, heat the olive oil and fry the onion, garlic and carrot for the chutney for 5 minutes. Add the puree, tomatoes and cinnamon and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Pour in the stock and allow the mixture to simmer for 8 to 10 minutes, it will reduce slightly.
- Season, and serve with the filo pie.
Nutritional Info for an Open-Top Filo Pie with Spicy Tomato Chutney
All values are per serving:
Saturated fat: 13.8g
Monica Costa founded London Mums in September 2006 after her son Diego’s birth together with a group of mothers who felt the need of meeting up regularly to share the challenges and joys of motherhood in metropolitan and multicultural London. London Mums is the FREE and independent peer support group for mums and mumpreneurs based in London https://londonmumsmagazine.com and you can connect on Twitter @londonmums