- Feeding the Family
- Published on Monday, 11 September 2023 11:27
- Last Updated on 08 September 2023
- Monica Costa
- 0 Comments
This recipe for Madeleines was donated to London Mums by Florence Rebattet, chef, founder of En Cuisine Cooking School, and finalist of Gordon Ramsay’s ‘Future Food Stars’ (series 2). Enjoy!
“This recipe for mouthwatering Madeleines is from my recipe book ‘Cook with Flo’”.
This recipe is suitable for children (with adult supervision, if necessary) and is one of the many recipes Flo teaches children at En Cuisine Cooking School.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Ingredients (20 madeleines): Utensils:
- 120g of plain flour * A Madeleine tray
- 120g of granulated white sugar * 2 bowls
- 120g unsalted butter * A wooden spoon
- 3 medium eggs * A grater
- Zest of one unwaxed lemon * A scale
- 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, the sugar and the baking powder.
- Crack the eggs and separate the yolks from the whites. The yolk goes with the dry ingredients and the whites in a separate bowl.
- Whisk the white with a fork until you get bubbles on the top. Add them to the flour and yolks mix and combine.
- Melt the butter and wait until it cools down before pouring it on the mix.
- Add the lemon juice and the zest. Stir well.
- Pour into madeleine moulds and put them in the oven at 240°C for 6 minutes and then 180°C for 8 minutes. Your madeleines are ready when you see a little mountain on the top and a nice golden colour
Swap the lemon for ½ an orange or rose water.
“I really like mine with rose water and dry pieces of rose in the dough!”
Monica Costa founded London Mums in September 2006 after her son Diego’s birth together with a group of mothers who felt the need of meeting up regularly to share the challenges and joys of motherhood in metropolitan and multicultural London. London Mums is the FREE and independent peer support group for mums and mumpreneurs based in London https://londonmumsmagazine.com and you can connect on Twitter @londonmums