Recipe: Lemon and Chia Seed Muffin Cakes
- Feeding the Family
- Published on Saturday, 09 September 2023 11:08
- Last Updated on 07 September 2023
- Monica Costa
- 0 Comments
I love this recipe for Lemon and Chia Seed Muffin Cakes by Florence Rebattet, chef and founder of En Cuisine Cooking School. All the comfort of tasty muffins but with a healthy twist, using coconut sugar, lemon and chia seeds to ensure a delicious, zesty treat for the kids – and parents too. Includes a “little chef tip”.
“One of my first sweet recipes when I started teaching children to cook at En Cuisine. This recipe can also be found in my cookbook ‘Cook with Flo’”
This recipe is suitable for children (with adult supervision, if necessary) and is one of the many recipes Flo teaches children at En Cuisine Cooking School.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Lemon and chia seeds muffin cakes
Ingredients (6 muffins): Utensils:
100g of plain flour * A wooden spoon
80g of coconut sugar * Weighing scale
80g of unsalted butter * 2 large bowls
½ lemon + zest
1 tablespoon of chia seeds
½ tablespoon of baking powder
- Melt the butter and let it cool down on the side.
- In a separate bowl, combine the eggs and the sugar until the mix is slightly white with bubbles on the top. Then, pour the flour into the mixture and stir.
- Squeeze the lemon and add the zest. Pour the melted butter in the mix.
- Add the chia seeds and the baking powder. Stir until you combine all the ingredients together.
- Pour the mixture into the muffin tray and put it in the oven at 220°C for 15 minutes.
Little chef tips:
You can swap the chia seeds with poppy seeds for a different flavour.
Monica Costa founded London Mums in September 2006 after her son Diego’s birth together with a group of mothers who felt the need of meeting up regularly to share the challenges and joys of motherhood in metropolitan and multicultural London. London Mums is the FREE and independent peer support group for mums and mumpreneurs based in London https://londonmumsmagazine.com and you can connect on Twitter @londonmums