Recipe: Healthy Flapjacks
- Feeding the Family
- Published on Monday, 06 July 2020 11:05
- Last Updated on 03 July 2020
- Monica Costa
- 0 Comments
London Mums’ healthy flapjacks are the perfect nutritious snack for the whole family.
Here’s everything you need to make 12 healthy Flapjacks.
100g butter, cubed plus extra for greasing
150g YaconViva Yacon Syrup (the perfect natural alternative to sugar and incredibly versatile, making both the perfect ingredient and topping)
50g pumpkin seeds
50g dried cranberries
250g porridge oats
1 large free-range egg, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6. Lightly oil a shallow 20cm/8in loose-based square cake tin and line the base and sides of the tin with baking parchment.
- Melt the butter and syrup together in a large saucepan over a low heat, stirring regularly with a wooden spoon.
- Take off the heat and stir in the seeds, cranberries, raisins, almonds and oats. Stir in the egg.
- Spoon into the prepared tin and press until well flattened. It’s important that the oats are pressed well, so that they stay firm enough to cut when baked. Use the back of a metal spoon to make sure they are fully compressed.
- Bake for 18–20 minutes, or until golden and lightly browned around the edges.
- Mark the flapjack into 12 pieces without cutting all the way through, this will make it easier to cut the flapjack when it’s cool. Leave until cold then cut the flapjack with a sharp knife.
For more recipe inspiration check out London Mums’ recipe section.
Monica Costa founded London Mums in September 2006 after her son Diego’s birth together with a group of mothers who felt the need of meeting up regularly to share the challenges and joys of motherhood in metropolitan and multicultural London. London Mums is the FREE and independent peer support group for mums and mumpreneurs based in London https://londonmumsmagazine.com and you can connect on Twitter @londonmums