Recipe: Fudgy Chocolate Brownies
- Feeding the Family
- Published on Saturday, 11 April 2020 11:06
- Last Updated on 09 April 2020
- Monica Costa
- 0 Comments
Baking with kids is fun especially now that we are in quarantine. I have received this delicious recipe for Fudgy Chocolate Brownies donated by Holy Moly and will be making them over Easter weekend to sweeten our confined lives.
- 120g Holy Moly Smashed Avocado
- 240ml plant-based milk
- 70g maple syrup
- 50g coconut sugar
- 150g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 55g cacao powder
- 1 tsp espresso powder
- Pinch of salt
- 60g vegan chocolate chips/chunks
- Preheat the oven to 160Fan /180*C and line a baking dish (24cm x 16cm) with parchment paper.
- Place the avocado, milk, syrup and sugar in a blender and process until smooth and creamy.
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, cacao powder, espresso powder and salt and in a large bowl.
- Pour the wet avocado mixture into the dry ingredients and stir until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips, saving a few for the top. Pour the batter into the prepared dish, smooth over the top and sprinkle over the remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until firm to the touch in the centre.
- Allow to cool for 30 minutes before slicing and serving, they will be fudgy and delicate but firm up as they cool.
Monica Costa founded London Mums in September 2006 after her son Diego’s birth together with a group of mothers who felt the need of meeting up regularly to share the challenges and joys of motherhood in metropolitan and multicultural London. London Mums is the FREE and independent peer support group for mums and mumpreneurs based in London https://londonmumsmagazine.com and you can connect on Twitter @londonmums