Recipe: Easy low sugar Apple Cake
- Feeding the Family
- Published on Thursday, 02 July 2020 16:01
- Last Updated on 02 July 2020
- Monica Costa
- 0 Comments
London Mums have tried an easy low sugar Apple Cake, the ideal sweet treat for the whole family, packed full of zingy apples, easy to make and the perfect family activity.
Makes: 1 Apple Cake, serving 12
90g YaconViva Yacon Syrup (We have used this natural and organic alternative to sugar, a fibre-rich natural sweetener, making it the ideal swap. Available now from Amazon UK, good health stores and from yaconviva.co.uk RRP £9.99 for a 220g bottle)
1 tbsp baking powder
1 pinch salt
- Preheat your oven to 180C and grease a round cake tin (26-28cm).
- Peel the apples and cut them into quarters removing the core. Make several scores with a knife across the back of the apple, but be careful not to cut all the way through.
- Place the butter, eggs, YaconViva Yacon Syrup, flour, baking powder and salt into a mixing bowl and mix until combined and smooth.
- Pour the mixture into greased cake tin and spread evenly with your spatula. Place the apple quarters on top and tight the way along the tin with the scored side facing up.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes. Check that it is fully cooked by inserting a knife into the centre of the cake, it will come out clean if so. Leave on the baking tray to cool.
- Dust top of cake with icing sugar before serving, and enjoy your low sugar Apple Cake!
For more recipe inspiration check out London Mums’ recipe section.
Monica Costa founded London Mums in September 2006 after her son Diego’s birth together with a group of mothers who felt the need of meeting up regularly to share the challenges and joys of motherhood in metropolitan and multicultural London. London Mums is the FREE and independent peer support group for mums and mumpreneurs based in London https://londonmumsmagazine.com and you can connect on Twitter @londonmums