Recipe: Easy healthy pancakes
- Feeding the Family
- Published on Saturday, 04 July 2020 10:00
- Last Updated on 03 July 2020
- Monica Costa
- 0 Comments
Do you ever fancy pancakes but are on a low sugar diet? London Mums’ easy healthy pancakes are the perfect swap for you this breakfast time.
Here’s everything you need to make 10 of these easy healthy pancakes.
140g plain flour
1 tsp / 1 sachet of baking powder
A pinch of salt
1 tbsp YaconViva Yacon Syrup (the perfect natural alternative to sugar and incredibly versatile, making both the perfect ingredient and topping)
1 large egg
2 tbsp melted butter (allowed to cool slightly) plus extra for cooking
20g Yacon Cacao Nibs (optional topping)
100g Fresh Fruit (optional topping)
- Sieve the flour, baking powder and salt into a large mixing bowl and using a spoon make a well in the middle.
- Combine all the wet ingredients – YaconViva Yacon Syrup, milk, cooled melted butter and egg and whisk until combined.
- Pour the wet mix into the dry ingredients whisking all the time. Incorporate the two with the whisk until the batter is smooth.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan until a knob of butter begins to bubble and add a ladle of batter (if you want big ones) or a tablespoon of batter (if you want smaller ones).
- It will seem very thick but this is how it should be. Wait until the top of the pancake begins to bubble, then turn it over and cook until both sides are golden brown and the pancake has risen to about 1cm thick.
- Transfer to a warm plate and add your toppings. We recommend lashings of YaconViva Yacon Syrup, fresh fruit and a sprinkle of YaconViva Cacao Nibs for a sweet treat!
For more recipe inspiration check out London Mums’ recipe section.
Monica Costa founded London Mums in September 2006 after her son Diego’s birth together with a group of mothers who felt the need of meeting up regularly to share the challenges and joys of motherhood in metropolitan and multicultural London. London Mums is the FREE and independent peer support group for mums and mumpreneurs based in London https://londonmumsmagazine.com and you can connect on Twitter @londonmums