Recipe: Chunky Fish Soup with Warm French Bread and Garlicky Crème Fraiche
- Feeding the Family
- Published on Thursday, 31 January 2013 13:00
- Last Updated on 25 January 2015
- Monica Costa
- 2 Comments
This delicious recipe for Chunky Fish Soup with Warm French Bread and Garlicky Crème Fraiche is easy enough to make and tasty for a hungry family.
350g cod fillets
200g king prawns
200g crème fraiche
1 fennel bulb
1 tsp sugar
1 tin chopped tomatoes
800ml vegetable stock
2 garlic cloves crushed
25g chopped dill
1 tbsp olive oil
25g tbsp chopped parsley
Preparation time 10 minutes
Cooking time 30 minutes
1. Pre heat the oven to 180C
2. To make base of the soup. Cut off the top of the fennel bulb and remove the outer layer then slice finely. Finely chop the onion and carrot. In a large saucepan heat the olive oil, sauté the onion, carrot and fennel for 5 minutes (should be soft), add the chopped tomatoes, crushed garlic, sugar, salt and pepper to taste and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the vegetable stock and simmer for a further 20 minutes with the lid on.
3. While the base of the soup is cooking, cut the cod into chunks (aprox 2.5cm square). Finely chop the parsley and dill removing any large stalks, set to one side. In a small bowl mix together the crème faiche and crushed garlic.
4. When the base has been cooking for 20 minutes in total add the, chopped dill, parsley, cod and king prawns. Simmer for 3 minutes until cod and prawns are cooked
5. Serve the soup in a bowl with a dollop of the garlic crème fraiche and buttered warm French bread.
Monica Costa founded London Mums in September 2006 after her son Diego’s birth together with a group of mothers who felt the need of meeting up regularly to share the challenges and joys of motherhood in metropolitan and multicultural London. London Mums is the FREE and independent peer support group for mums and mumpreneurs based in London https://londonmumsmagazine.com and you can connect on Twitter @londonmums