Recipe: Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread
- Feeding the Family
- Published on Wednesday, 30 January 2019 11:08
- Last Updated on 31 March 2021
- Monica Costa
- 0 Comments
Bake away with the kids this weekend. Here is a yummy recipe for Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread. Nothing beats a banana bread and if then add chocolate to that. Just saying. Enjoy!
300g mashed ripened bananas
125ml melted butter
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
85g Peanut Butter, warmed
128 g plain flour
90g dark chocolate chips
50g cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
¾ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
Garnish: warm peanut butter
- Heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius (Gas Mark 4)
- In large bowl, stir together banana and next 4 ingredients.
- In separate bowl combine flour and remaining ingredients. Stir flour mixture into banana mixture until blended.
- Transfer to a lightly greased 21 x 11 x 6 cm inch loaf pan.
- Bake 45 to 55 minutes, or until a cocktail stick or skewer inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Cool completely on wire rack 20 minutes.
- Drizzle with warm peanut butter, if desired.
Makes 8 servings.
Monica Costa founded London Mums in September 2006 after her son Diego’s birth together with a group of mothers who felt the need of meeting up regularly to share the challenges and joys of motherhood in metropolitan and multicultural London. London Mums is the FREE and independent peer support group for mums and mumpreneurs based in London https://londonmumsmagazine.com and you can connect on Twitter @londonmums