London Mums go to cookery school: Mexican Fiesta – Salt Chocolate Pot with Tequila and Orange Granita part 3
- Feeding the Family
- Published on Sunday, 15 November 2015 11:10
- Last Updated on 12 November 2015
- Monica Costa
- 0 Comments
In the third part of the Mexican Fiesta workshop at the Waitrose Cookery School we learnt how to make Salt Chocolate Pot with Tequila and Orange Granita. This is a very rich dessert and despite all the detailed instructions in this article it is super easy to make. You will impress your guests with it. Guaranteed!
Ingredients (Serves 2)
|For the Granita:|
|200ml||Orange Juice, smooth|
|For the chocolate pot:|
|75g||Dark Chocolate, melted (70%)|
|30g||Dark brown muscovado sugar|
|½||Vanilla Pod, scraped|
|½ tsp||Sea salt|
For the granita:
- Pour the orange juice, water and tequila into a shallow dish and carefully place into the freezer for at least 2 hours, or until it is completely frozen. Using a fork, scrape the frozen juice to break it up and return to the freezer until needed.
For the Chocolate pot:
- Add the chocolate to a food processor and blitz for 30 seconds.
- Next, combine the cream, sugar and vanilla into a small pan. Bring to the boil and remove.
- Scrape into the chocolate and blitz until smooth.
- Add the egg and blitz.
- Finally, add the salt. Pour into 2 ramekins, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
Spoon the grated granita onto the set chocolate pot and eat straight away.
Monica Costa founded London Mums in September 2006 after her son Diego’s birth together with a group of mothers who felt the need of meeting up regularly to share the challenges and joys of motherhood in metropolitan and multicultural London. London Mums is the FREE and independent peer support group for mums and mumpreneurs based in London https://londonmumsmagazine.com and you can connect on Twitter @londonmums