Halloween Recipe: Spooky Spider CupCakes
- Feeding the Family
- Published on Wednesday, 30 October 2013 09:00
- Last Updated on 21 October 2013
- Monica Costa
- 0 Comments
Here is a yummy and good looking Halloween recipe: Spooky Spider CupCakes. Kids will love it as it is rich and it looks really spooky.
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 18 minutes
For the cupcakes
125g light sunflower spread
125g caster sugar
25g cocoa powder
1 tablespoon semi-skimmed milk
For the topping
120g chocolate spread (we have used Light Philadelphia with Cadbury as it is a bit lighter and less sugary than Nutella)
A selection of sweets to make the spider legs and eyes such as liquorice catherine wheels, strawberry laces or cola lances. White chocolate buttons or Liquorice and small red sweets to make the spider eyes;
1. To make the cakes, beat the butter and caster sugar together until light and fluffy. Whisk in the eggs, one at a time then fold in the flour and cocoa. Fold in the milk.
2. Line a 12-hole bun tin with paper cake cases. Spoon the mixture into the cases, filling about two thirds full. Bake at 180°C, gas mark 4 for about 15-18 minutes or until firm and risen. Leave to cool.
3. When the cakes are completely cold, spread some Light Philadelphia with Cadbury over each of the cupcakes.
4. Arrange eight short lengths of the liquorice, strawberry laces or cola lances on each cupcake to make the spider legs.
5. Add the sweeties for the eyes and a little more liquorice for antenna.
Monica Costa founded London Mums in September 2006 after her son Diego’s birth together with a group of mothers who felt the need of meeting up regularly to share the challenges and joys of motherhood in metropolitan and multicultural London. London Mums is the FREE and independent peer support group for mums and mumpreneurs based in London https://londonmumsmagazine.com and you can connect on Twitter @londonmums