Halloween recipe: Scary Stuffed Jack-o-Lantern Peppers
- Feeding the Family
- Published on Sunday, 08 October 2023 11:00
- Last Updated on 09 October 2023
- Monica Costa
- 0 Comments
Halloween is approaching so let’s make it fun by cooking crazily shaped food like these scary stuffed Jack-o-Lantern Peppers. Will it be a trick or a treat? Have fun!
Serves: 4. Cooking Time: 20-25 minutes
4 large orange bell peppers
1 packet of Mash Direct Mashed Potato
- Heat oven to 180 degrees.
- Using a sharp knife, slice the top off each bell pepper horizontally. Set tops aside (do not discard!) and remove all seeds. Rinse the peppers and pat dry.
- Use a small knife, cut holes in the exterior of the peppers to make Jack-O Lantern faces. If they don’t stand up right, use the knife to slice a small amount from the bottom.
- Lightly grease a small sheet pan. Arrange the peppers and lids on the pan and cook in the oven for 20 – 25 minutes, or until the they are cooked, but still firm.
- Remove them from the oven and allow to cool while you make the filling.
Method for filling:
- Cook the Mash Direct Mashed Potato according to package instructions.
- Add the bacon, sour cream, cheese and chives. Mix gently to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste. Scoop the potato mixture into the peppers evenly.
- Place a top onto each stuffed pepper and serve with a big jack-o-lantern smile!
Monica Costa founded London Mums in September 2006 after her son Diego’s birth together with a group of mothers who felt the need of meeting up regularly to share the challenges and joys of motherhood in metropolitan and multicultural London. London Mums is the FREE and independent peer support group for mums and mumpreneurs based in London https://londonmumsmagazine.com and you can connect on Twitter @londonmums