Halloween recipe: Hair-raising Rosti Spiders and Creepy Croquette Mice
- Feeding the Family
- Published on Thursday, 22 October 2020 11:09
- Last Updated on 23 October 2020
- Monica Costa
- 0 Comments
Halloween 2020 will be a homey one so let’s make it fun by cooking crazily shaped food like these Hair-raising Rosti Spiders and Creepy Croquette Mice. Will it be a trick or a treat? Enjoy!
Serves: 6. Cooking Time: 30 minutes
1 pack Mash Direct Potato Croquettes
1 pack of Mash Direct Potato Rosti
A handful of olives
1 red pepper
1 yellow pepper
(you can use whatever vegetables you’d like!)
Method for the Croquette Mice:
- Cook the Mash Direct Potato Croquette according to pack instructions.
- Peel a carrot and chop into sections about 0.5cm thick.
- Using a knife, cut two slits on either side of the croquette. Take two pieces of carrot and insert to become the ears.
- Cut an olive in half and use as the eyes.
- Use thinly sliced or spiralised courgette as the tail.
Method for the Rosti Spider:
- Cook the Mash Direct Potato Rosti according to pack instructions.
- Cut and deseed the red and yellow peppers. Cut eight slices from the red pepper as spider legs.
Cut an olive in half and use as the eyes, and use yellow pepper slices for fangs.
Monica Costa founded London Mums in September 2006 after her son Diego’s birth together with a group of mothers who felt the need of meeting up regularly to share the challenges and joys of motherhood in metropolitan and multicultural London. London Mums is the FREE and independent peer support group for mums and mumpreneurs based in London https://londonmumsmagazine.com and you can connect on Twitter @londonmums