Halloween cocktail recipe: Bloody Mary
- Feeding the Family
- Published on Thursday, 20 October 2022 13:30
- Last Updated on 19 October 2022
- Monica Costa
- 0 Comments
One of the most iconic Halloween concoctions has to be the Bloody Mary. Whether you love or hate savoury cocktails, there’s no denying this cocktail is one of the ultimate classics you should learn how to make.
It was back in the 1920s when Fernand Petiot, an American bartender at Harry’s New York Bar in Paris, mixed up equal parts of tomato juice and vodka. He had no idea that his concoction would become world famous when he agreed with the guy in the bar who suggested he call the drink Bloody Mary.
Prep time: 5 Minutes
Nutrition: 160 Calories
INGREDIENTS for two Bloody Mary cocktails
- 100ml vodka
- 500ml tomato juice
- 1 tbsp lemon juice, plus 2 slices to serve
- Dash of Worcestershire sauce
- Dash of Tabasco
- pinch celery salt
- pinch black pepper
- 2 celery sticks, to serve
- Place the ice in a large jug. Measure the vodka, tomato juice and lemon juice and pour it straight onto the ice.
- Add 3 shakes of Worcestershire sauce and Tabasco (or more if you like it very spicy) and a pinch of celery salt and pepper. Stir until the outside of the jug feels cold, then strain the cocktail into 2 tall glasses.
- Top up with fresh ice, add a celery stick and lemon slice to both glasses and enjoy.
Monica Costa founded London Mums in September 2006 after her son Diego’s birth together with a group of mothers who felt the need of meeting up regularly to share the challenges and joys of motherhood in metropolitan and multicultural London. London Mums is the FREE and independent peer support group for mums and mumpreneurs based in London https://londonmumsmagazine.com and you can connect on Twitter @londonmums