Coronation recipe: Brie & Cherry Phyllo BonBons
- Feeding the Family
- Published on Wednesday, 26 April 2023 10:35
- Last Updated on 25 April 2023
- Monica Costa
- 0 Comments
Whether planning a street party or get together for the Coronation or just having friends over for an al fresco lunch / dinner this summer, London Mums have sourced some really tasty recipes. This recipe for Brie & Cherry Phyllo BonBons is courtesy of Jana Fritzsche, Nutritional Chef Classes for UK Healthy Living and Ageing Platform Goldster. Not only Jana’s recipes are all fit for a King, but they are Greek influenced, paying homage to King Charles III Greek heritage.
Brie & Cherry Phyllo BonBons
Makes 36 pieces
- 2 baking trays lined with baking paper
- Pastry brush
- Small saucepan
- Damp tea-towel
- 6 sheets filo pastry, thawed from frozen (use puff pastry alternatively). Each pastry sheets makes 6 crackers, so reduce accordingly for smaller amounts
- 50gr unsalted Butter, melted
- 250gr Brie or Camembert, cut into long slices
- ¼ cup almond flakes or pistachios
- 1tsp black sesame seeds (optional)
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary (optional)
- 250gr pitted and chopped cherries, raspberries, blueberries etc or alternatively, use a fruit jam
- Pre-heat oven to 180C
- Line two baking trays with baking paper
- Place the thawed phyllo pastry sheets on a flat surface or work-top.
- Cut into 36 squares (6 squares per sheet). Each sheet makes 6 crackers!
- Place the first pastry square on to a cutting board or flat surface. Cover the remaining sheets with a damp towel
- Brush the pastry sheet with melted butter.
- Put a slice of brie 1 and ½ tsp chopped cherries or 1tsp jam on the sheet, top with some almond flakes.
- Roll up the pastry and pinch but ends to form a cracker. Place on the baking tray and repeat with the remaining sheets.
- Brush all crackers with the remaining melted butter
- Sprinkle with black sesame seeds (optional).
- Bake for 15 min or until golden. Serve with sprigs of rosemary (optional).
Monica Costa founded London Mums in September 2006 after her son Diego’s birth together with a group of mothers who felt the need of meeting up regularly to share the challenges and joys of motherhood in metropolitan and multicultural London. London Mums is the FREE and independent peer support group for mums and mumpreneurs based in London https://londonmumsmagazine.com and you can connect on Twitter @londonmums