Christmas recipe: Nadia Sawalha’s Mulled Wine Jelly
- Feeding the Family
- Published on Wednesday, 18 December 2013 09:00
- Last Updated on 13 December 2013
- Monica Costa
- 0 Comments
Here is yummy Nadia Sawalha’s Mulled Wine Jelly recipe which is quite original and you can surprise your guests this Christmas with something different.
Healthy cooking guru Nadia Sawalha donated us this recipe and tips on the small steps you can take to reach your healthy eating goals and kick-start a better, new you.
Prep time: 15 minutes (with at least 6 hours setting time)
750ml bottle red wine
1 cinnamon stick
1 orange, zest and juice
7 leaves gelatine
8 tbsp. Granulated sugar to achieve best results (we used Splenda)
200g crème Fraîche light
1. Pour the wine in to a large pan, adding the cinnamon, orange juice and cloves.
2. 2. Warm up until just at boiling point then turn off and leave for around half an hour to infuse.
3. Cover the gelatine with cold water and leave to soften.
4. Warm the wine a little again adding the Granulated sugar. Remove from the heat then squeeze out the gelatine dropping it in to the wine to dissolve. Cool then pour in to wine glasses, then refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
5. Stir together the orange zest with the crème Fraîche and serve on top of the jellies.
Monica Costa founded London Mums in September 2006 after her son Diego’s birth together with a group of mothers who felt the need of meeting up regularly to share the challenges and joys of motherhood in metropolitan and multicultural London. London Mums is the FREE and independent peer support group for mums and mumpreneurs based in London https://londonmumsmagazine.com and you can connect on Twitter @londonmums