Christmas recipe: Nadia Sawalha’s Layered Cranberry Cheesecake
- Feeding the Family
- Published on Friday, 20 December 2013 09:00
- Last Updated on 16 December 2013
- Monica Costa
- 0 Comments
Here is another mouthwatering recipe by Nadia Sawalha. Her Layered Cranberry Cheesecake is truly yummy! Try it for yourself. Enjoy!
Prep time: 30 minutes
1 orange, zest and juice
8 tbsp. Granulated sugar (we used Splenda as it is really soft)
75g mazso crackers
50g low fat margarine, melted
275g light cream cheese
150g low fat yoghurt
1. Put the orange juice in to a pan along with the cranberries and 3tbsp. of the Granulated sugar. Put over a low heat and cook for around 5 minutes until the fruits are just beginning to burst. Cool.
2. Place the crackers in a freezer bag and crush until they are crumbs. Add 2tbsp of the granulated sugar to the cracker crumbs and give the bag a little shake. Pour in the melted margarine. Close the bag and massage in to the crumbs.
3. Mix together the cream cheese and yoghurt with the last 3 tbsp. of the Granulated sugar.
4. To serve, layer all of the components in to some pretty glasses or ramekins finishing with a spoonful of the cranberries.
Monica Costa founded London Mums in September 2006 after her son Diego’s birth together with a group of mothers who felt the need of meeting up regularly to share the challenges and joys of motherhood in metropolitan and multicultural London. London Mums is the FREE and independent peer support group for mums and mumpreneurs based in London https://londonmumsmagazine.com and you can connect on Twitter @londonmums