Afternoon Tea recipe: Cauliflower bites with a chipotle spiced dip
- Feeding the Family
- Published on Sunday, 02 October 2022 10:00
- Last Updated on 28 September 2022
- Monica Costa
- 0 Comments
Afternoon Tea recipe for Cauliflower bites with a chipotle spiced dip. Easy to make and a healthy snack for the whole family.
For the bites
- 1 large cauliflower
- 150g plain flour
- 300ml of milk (or plant-based alternative)
- 2 tsp of paprika powder
- 1 ½ tsp of onion powder
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- 100g of breadcrumbs
For the dip
- 3tsp of chipotle hot sauce (or more if you like spice!)
- A squeeze of lemon
- 120g natural yoghurt (or plant-based alternative)
Herbs to garnish.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees and line two baking trays ready
- Break the cauliflower into bite-sized pieces, steam, or boil until cooked
- Put the flour, milk, paprika, onion and garlic power into a bowl and whisk into a batter. Add the salt and pepper and whisk again
- In another bowl pour in the breadcrumbs.
- Tip the cauliflower into the bowl and coat in the batter, transferer each floret of cauliflower into the bread crumbs and toss until they are completely coated
- Put the cauliflower pieces on the baking tray and bake for 40 minutes (or until golden brown)
- For the dip, in a bowl add the natural yoghurt, chipotle hot sauce and a squeeze of lemon. Mix well together, taste and adjust the spice if needed!
- Add the herb garnish and serve immediately whilst the cauliflower bites are still hot.
More recipe inspiration:
Monica Costa founded London Mums in September 2006 after her son Diego’s birth together with a group of mothers who felt the need of meeting up regularly to share the challenges and joys of motherhood in metropolitan and multicultural London. London Mums is the FREE and independent peer support group for mums and mumpreneurs based in London https://londonmumsmagazine.com and you can connect on Twitter @londonmums