Recipe: Thai Prawn Noodle Soup
- Published on Saturday, 19 January 2013 09:00
- Last Updated on 19 January 2013
- Monica Costa
- 0 Comments
Absolutely delicious and a gorgeous colour. Very quickly becomes a staple!
Serves 4 to 5
2 red chillies, deseeded and roughly chopped
6 shallots, peeled and roughly chopped
3 cloves garlic, peeled
5cm piece of fresh ginger peeled and roughly chopped
1 stalk lemon grass, bashed and sliced
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
1 teaspoon ground coriander
10g fresh parsley or coriander leaves
2 tablespoons peanut or olive oil
2 x 400ml tins coconut milk
400ml fish stock
2 tablespoons fish sauce (nam plah)
2 x 220g bags of frozen raw king prawns
150g thin cooked rice noodles (optional)
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Juice of half a lime
• Blitz the chillies, shallots, garlic, ginger, lemongrass, ground turmeric, ground coriander, parsley/coriander leaves and oil until you have a smooth paste.
• Transfer to a soup pot and cook over a very gentle heat for 5 minutes.
• Add the coconut milk and stock, bring just to the boil, quickly reduce the heat and simmer gently for 10 minutes.
• Add the fish sauce and prawns and simmer, stirring for a further 5 minutes.
• Add the noodles, if using and slowly bring back to the boil.
• Turn off the heat, season to taste, add the lime juice and let the soup stand for a couple of minutes before serving.
Monica Costa founded London Mums in September 2006 after her son Diego’s birth together with a group of mothers who felt the need of meeting up regularly to share the challenges and joys of motherhood in metropolitan and multicultural London. London Mums is the FREE and independent peer support group for mums and mumpreneurs based in London https://londonmumsmagazine.com and you can connect on Twitter @londonmums