Recipe: Pea Mint & Lettuce Soup
- Published on Sunday, 13 January 2013 09:00
- Last Updated on 13 January 2013
- Monica Costa
- 2 Comments
Very quick, very colourful, very moreish, in no way seems like a ‘slimming soup’ and children love it!
600ml frozen peas
600ml chicken or vegetable stock
1 old-fashioned round lettuce, cleaned and shredded
A generous bunch of fresh mint, chopped
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
0% fat Greek yoghurt
• Put a couple of handfuls of the peas in a bowl, pour over some boiling water and leave to plump up while you make the soup.
• Put the stock in a soup pot and bring to the boil.
• Add the remainder of the peas and simmer gently until tender.
• Turn off the heat and stir in the lettuce and mint.
• Whizz with a hand blender until smooth (or the texture you prefer) then return to a clean pot and reheat gently.
• Add a few good grindings of black pepper (you are unlikely to need salt but taste and check).
• Ladle into bowls/mugs, top with a couple of teaspoons of yoghurt and quickly swirl with a skewer, drain the peas which have been soaking in the boiling water and scatter over the soup before serving.
Monica Costa founded London Mums in September 2006 after her son Diego’s birth together with a group of mothers who felt the need of meeting up regularly to share the challenges and joys of motherhood in metropolitan and multicultural London. London Mums is the FREE and independent peer support group for mums and mumpreneurs based in London https://londonmumsmagazine.com and you can connect on Twitter @londonmums