MEGA CHOCOLATE MUFFINS
- Published on Saturday, 12 May 2012 09:00
- Last Updated on 11 May 2012
- Monica Costa
- 0 Comments
The MEGA CHOCOLATE MUFFINS recipe was kindly donated by Butlins and the Kids Cooking Company.
This recipe makes 6 muffins.
Preparation time 20 mins – Cooking time 15 mins – Oven temp 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5
110g/4oz softened margarine butter
110g/4oz caster sugar
3 beaten eggs
5 tbsp milk
175g/6oz self-raising flour
2 Tbsp cocoa powder
6 Squares milk or dark chocolate
° Mixing bowl plus 2 smaller bowls
° Mixing Spoon
° Bun tray
° Baking tray (if using silicone bun tray)
° Bun cases (if not using silicone bun tray)
1. Preheat the oven. Put the margarine & sugar in your bowl and beat until really nice, light and fluffy.
2. In one of your smaller bowls whisk together the eggs and milk. In the other smaller bowl sieve the flour and cocoa powder.
3. Now add a little of the egg mixture and a little of the flour mixture into the margarine & sugar. Mix & keep adding a little bit of each until it is all used up.
4. Spoon your mixture into the silicone bun tray (no need to grease) or into your paper cases if you are using them.
5. Break the chocolate into 6 squares and add one square to each bun, making sure you squash it into the middle!
6. Stand your silicone bun tray on a baking tray for support. Get your grown up helper to put the tray of muffins into the oven for you and bake for 15-18 minutes until well risen
Monica Costa founded London Mums in September 2006 after her son Diego’s birth together with a group of mothers who felt the need of meeting up regularly to share the challenges and joys of motherhood in metropolitan and multicultural London. London Mums is the FREE and independent peer support group for mums and mumpreneurs based in London https://londonmumsmagazine.com and you can connect on Twitter @londonmums