IRRESISTIBLE ICED BUNS
- Published on Sunday, 13 May 2012 10:00
- Last Updated on 11 May 2012
- Monica Costa
- 0 Comments
The IRRESISTIBLE ICED BUNS recipe was kindly donated by Butlins and the Kids Cooking Company.
Preparation time 15 minutes – Cooking time 20 minutes – Oven temp 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5
This recipe makes 6 buns.
110g/4oz caster sugar
2 beaten eggs
110g/4oz self-raising flour
1 tsp vanilla extract
For the icing:
75g/3oz icing sugar
1 tbsp water
Hundreds and thousands and toppings to decorate.
° Mixing bowl
° Small bowl
° Mixing spoon
° Bun tray
° Bun cases (if not using silicone bun tray)
° Baking Tray
1. Pre heat oven to 190c/Gas mark 5
2. Put the softened margarine and sugar in a bowl and beat really well until it is light and fluffy and mix in the vanilla extract.
3. Sieve the flour into another small bowl.
4. Now add a little of the egg and a little of the flour to your sugar and margarine mixture, mix well. Keep adding a little bit at a time until it is all used up.
5. Spoon the mixture into the bun moulds, (if not using silicone moulds remember to put in bun cases). You can grease the inside of the moulds to make them easier to remove and place on a baking tray ready for cooking.
6. Get an adult to place the buns in the oven for about 15-20 minutes or until risen and just firm to the touch.
7. To make the icing, sieve the icing sugar into a small bowl and add the water, stirring until smooth. (You may need to add a little more icing sugar or a little more water until you have the right consistency).
8. Decorate buns with the icing and toppings of your choice
9. Cool completely before removing from the mould.
Tip – Cool completely before removing your buns from the mould and decorate with the icing and toppings of your choice.
Monica Costa founded London Mums in September 2006 after her son Diego’s birth together with a group of mothers who felt the need of meeting up regularly to share the challenges and joys of motherhood in metropolitan and multicultural London. London Mums is the FREE and independent peer support group for mums and mumpreneurs based in London https://londonmumsmagazine.com and you can connect on Twitter @londonmums