CHUNKY CHICKEN CURRY
- Published on Friday, 11 May 2012 10:10
- Last Updated on 10 May 2012
- Monica Costa
- 0 Comments
CHUNKY CHICKEN CURRY (serves 8 people) recipe kindly donated by Butlins and the Kids Cooking Company.
Preparation time 25 mins
Cooking time 20 mins – Oven temp 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5
1 Tbsp sunflower oil
2 Tsp mild curry paste or mild curry powder
1 clove of garlic crushed
2 tbsp Mango Chutney
1 tbsp Ginger (grated) optional
2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cut into cubes)
2 medium-size sweet potatoes (chopped)
4 tbsp red spilt lentils
300ml chicken stock
1 x 400ml can coconut milk
175g/6oz frozen peas
° Chopping Board
° Vegetable peeler
° Can opener
° Deep frying pan or wok
° Mixing spoon
° Measuring jug
1. Heat your sunflower oil in your pan and stir in the curry paste & mango chutney for about 3minutes
2. Put in your chicken, sweet potatoes and lentils and stir well.
3. Add the chicken stock and coconut milk. Bring to the boil then immediately reduce heat, let it simmer (just a few little bubbles!) for 15 minutes.
4. Add the peas. Simmer for a further 5 minutes and it’s all ready to go!
Tip – Get your grown up helper to check that the chicken is cooked thoroughly.
Monica Costa founded London Mums in September 2006 after her son Diego’s birth together with a group of mothers who felt the need of meeting up regularly to share the challenges and joys of motherhood in metropolitan and multicultural London. London Mums is the FREE and independent peer support group for mums and mumpreneurs based in London https://londonmumsmagazine.com and you can connect on Twitter @londonmums