Chocolate chip cookies
- Published on Monday, 20 June 2011 19:27
- Last Updated on 22 January 2012
- Monica Costa
- 0 Comments
Chocolate chip cookies to make with the kids and at school’s learning kitchens.
This is a London Mum’s recipe: these cookies are crisp on the outside and soft on the inside. They are really simple to make both at school and for mums to make with the kids.
350g flour (it works also with wholemeal flour for a healthier recipe)
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp salt
225g butter or margarine
200g soft brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
200g chocolate in pieces
Preparation: it takes approx 40 mins preparation time and 11 mins cooking time in the oven. This recipe makes approx 20 cookies.
1. Mix the flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
2. Mix the butter, brown sugar and vanilla extract until creamy In another bowl then beat in the eggs and gradually mix in the flour mixture. Slowly add the chocolate.
3. When you are ready to bake the cookies, simply cut the log into slices 5mm thick and lay on a baking tray, widely spaced apart. Bake for 9-11 minutes.
4. Preheat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5.
5. Cook for 11 mins.
Monica Costa founded London Mums in September 2006 after her son Diego’s birth together with a group of mothers who felt the need of meeting up regularly to share the challenges and joys of motherhood in metropolitan and multicultural London. London Mums is the FREE and independent peer support group for mums and mumpreneurs based in London https://londonmumsmagazine.com and you can connect on Twitter @londonmums