Five maternity fashion tips by celebrity guru Emily Evans
- Published on Friday, 04 November 2011 22:48
- Last Updated on 04 November 2011
- Monica Costa
- 1 Comment
1. Don’t be afraid of print and colour! Stand out from the crowd and don’t just gravitate towards boring black. You will always be complimented on wearing a cool, printed dress.
2. Stick to what you know – if you wear skinny jeans normally, buy a great pair of skinny maternity jeans.
3. Invest in a great maternity coat. If you are pregnant over the winter months you will feel really uncomfortable as well as cold in a coat that doesn’t do up properly – remember you will be wearing it for a good few months afterwards too.
5. Look great for an event – make even more of an effort when you are pregnant – invest in a beautiful top to wear with jeans or a bold dress to make an entrance.
The author: check our Emily’s mumpreneurial testimonial:
Mother-of-three Emily Evans is the founder and owner of 9 London, the original and best maternity boutique.
Located in London’s Sloane Square, 9 London is home to gorgeous maternity collections – from one-off vintage pieces to 9 London’s own-label range of beautiful occasion-wear.
Designed by Emily Evans herself, the evening-wear collection fills a much needed gap in the maternity market with its signature kimono sleeves and vibrant liberty print silks with a glamorous edge.
The store boasts a huge selection of maternity jeans, wearable separates and soft cashmere knits, as well as a stellar client list which includes Gwen Stefani, Kate Moss, Eva Herzigova, Kate Winslet, Liz Hurley and Claudia Schiffer.
Monica Costa founded London Mums in September 2006 after her son Diego’s birth together with a group of mothers who felt the need of meeting up regularly to share the challenges and joys of motherhood in metropolitan and multicultural London. London Mums is the FREE and independent peer support group for mums and mumpreneurs based in London https://londonmumsmagazine.com and you can connect on Twitter @londonmums